Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some Food For Thought

    Let me ask you a question: Do you know what is best for you? Take a moment and answer this question. And be honest with yourself. I have answered this question, and I have found that no. I don't know what is best for me. Why? Because I don't hold my life in my hands. God holds my life.


    It is a very common temptation to say, "I know what is best for me. I mean come on? Who's living my life anyway?" I had that temptation, and was saying that all the time. Now, not so much. I have realized that in my pride, I thought I was in control. I had everything right. I realize just how prideful I have been. All I want now is to be humble! I want to learn, Lord! Teach me!  
      

    I have learned that, not knowing what's best for yourself, you have to leave your life up to God. Surrender your life and let Him take over every aspect. In God's sovereignty and love, He gave you your parents. They also know what is best for you because they are trusting the Lord, and love you enough to tell you. I can't stress enough this point. My parents are so gracious to pick and choose what I can and can't do. Ultimately, when I obey my parents, I am doing what God wants me to. Because He knows best. He's never going to do anything to hurt you! So trust him. I thank God for showing me this, and allowing me to share it with you. Because without His hand guiding me, I would be nowhere. Let alone telling you about it. So please, give God the glory for this post. I did nothing here, except convey what I feel God wanted me to convey. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.  Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil" Proverbs 3:5-7

  Have an awesome day!
 -Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment