Thursday, June 23, 2011

Living For Christ in Everything

 At Care Group (or small group for church) last night, I was talking to some friends about movies. We ended up on the subject of Transformers, and the fact that one girl only really watched 30 minutes of the movie due to all the fast-forwarding they had to do. Skipping over bad parts. Why would you even watch something like that if you only get like 30 minutes?

 Then other movies came up, and all the while I was just thinking: "You are a Christian. Why are you watching this stuff?!" But it isn't just movies. It's books, music, media, and even people. As Christians, we have to give things up so we can live completely for Christ. That might be a movie you really wanted to see. But if it has a bazillion cuss words or inappropriate content, then you shouldn't watch it. It's not gonna' glorify God in any way.

 Living for Christ means glorifying Him in all you do. This isn't always easy. I really want to see this movie, or read this book, or listen to this song. But if I love God as much as I say I do, then giving up something small like that will be easy. You will be happier after you give something up, because God will fill the space it left. It's refreshing really.

 My fall is music. I LOVE music. All kinds. And sometimes, I like a song that isn't Godly at all. I have learned that I can't always listen to everything. And I was happy to give up Katy Perry, or Maroon 5 (that was really hard, since I grew up with Maroon 5). Giving something up for God is the best reason to give something up.

 When you remove those un-Godly things, it makes room so you can fill those areas of your life with more of God. Less time watching movies and listening to music, more time to spend with Him. Loving Jesus means changing your ways to suit Him. And trust me, it's worth it. :)

 -Bailey

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! I recently gave up making up stories and comics, and it was(and still is) really hard for me:( But then I realized that if that's what God is calling me to do, than I should be joyful and glad! And after I did that I really got into art, and I thought about more godly things :D

    ReplyDelete