Friday, July 29, 2011

When Your Heart Cries

 Last night, I was picking up a book to read. Just a pleasure book that had nothing to do with school or learning about anyhting. A couple of days ago, I had been meaning to do a devotion after I got home from a run, but got caught up in chores and forgot my plans. Then when picking up this pleasure book, I saw my notebook that I take to church with me. In it, it has notes from every message i've attended for the last 2 years or more. I thought for a moment. My heart was crying out for God, and I knew it. Maybe just a few pages of this book then I will study God's word. That was my thought. I opened the book and began to read, but the words were so empty. From there I couldn't wait any longer. I found my bible (I had been taking care of the kids at our church the last few Sundays, so I had left my bible downstairs), grabbed a sheet of prayer requests, and turned on my ipod. I guess most people don't listen to music when they are trying to read, but I find it nice to have something playing in the background. I began reading Proverbs, but upon looking at the prayer sheet, I saw Psalms 68. It was amazing. God is so good to give us books like the Psalms. I couldn't stop reading!! I went all the way through chapter 70. As I was reading the song "I Adore You" by Rebecca St. James came on. I began to tear up as I listened to this song. It was excactly my prayer. God works in mysterious ways. Yet wonderful ways. My heart was crying out for Him, and I couldn't ignore it. "Blesses be the Lord, who daily bears up; God is our salvation, and to God, the Lord, belong deliverance from death." Psalms 68:19&20.

-Bailey

2 comments:

  1. Love this, sweet Bailey! Thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing story Baily chan! :3 I can defiantly relate to what you're going through TT_TT

    ReplyDelete